I have recently completed my research study at University of West London, working with Dr John Moore.
Twitter & Gtalk @ sunnysujan
Teaching or Work Interests
ICT4D, ICT4E, M4D, TEL
Offline mobile learning
Mobile application development
Open-source software development
Mobile web and standards
My research study focuses on ‘open-source mobile technologies’ to deliver offline mobile learning within the broader field of study that has now become known as ICT4D (ICT for Development).
I am a member of IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers), ACM (Association IET (The Institution of Engineering and Technology), UPA (The Usability Professionals' Association), IADIS (International Association for Development of the Information Society) and International Association for Mobile Learning (IAMLearn).
The Log: As it happened
- Writing-up completed! viva done! Amendments done - three times! Finished my PhD!
- Attended JTEL Summer School 2012, Estoril, Portugal and Tenth Joint European Summer School on Technology Enhanced Learning 2014, Malta.
- Presented in PhD Experience Conference, 2012, Hull.
- Attended Mozilla Festival 2011.
- Attended Mobile Learning: Now and the future, a Practitioner Symposium Presented by The West London Lifelong Learning Network & the College of The North West London, 28th September 2011.
- On Air! Interesting experience: Interview at Hamro FM 94 mhz, Chitwan, Nepal.
- Full paper accepted and also awarded $100 discount for mLearn 2011 conference in Beijing, China.
- Paper accepted for poster and Student volunteering in MobileHCI 2011.
- Finished an exploratory study in Nepal, using open-source mobile technology for teaching and learning in public schools.
- Presented a full paper and a demo for WG9.4 Conference:11 International Conference on Social Implications of Computers in Developing Countries: Partners for Development: ICT Actors and Actions: 22-25 May 2011, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Awarded partial scholarship (free registration + accommodation) for ifip WG9.4 conference in Nepal.
- Recently completed a 14 weeks mobile learning related pilot study at University of West London with a group of MSc students (action research). The study explored the use of open-source platforms to support learning programming.
- Presented a paper in "Mobile Learning: Crossing boundaries in convergent environments"conference. Link to download a complete book of abstract.
- Participated in PhD experience conference, 2011 in Hull University on 8th feb and won £50 Waterstones book voucher and presented my so far experience of publishing during PhD in the PhD Experience Conference 2012.
- Student volunteer at UPA 2010, Munich, Germany.
- Attended the Microsoft Research summer school on computing for socio-economic development 2010 in Bangalore, India.